Update 1 : Microsoft read this post and immediately corrected the spelling so the following now works : https://adoption.microsoft.com/virtual-hub/search/?_sft_vh_product=microsoft-visio 🙂
Update 2 : Mr VisGuy! “spelt” is the same as “spelled” outside USA!
Aarghh! What kind of message is sent out if a company does not know how to spell the name of their own product? There is a make of TV in the States called Vizio, which is not the name of my favourite data-diagramming application, Visio. It may be pronounced the same, but believe me it is totally different. So, it is extremely disappointing that Microsoft have allowed their own product to be spelt incorrectly in the Virtual Hub in the Microsoft Ignite 2020 website.
If you want to see the Visio content in the Virtual Hub currently, then you have to mis-spell it in the address bar, or choose the wrong spelling from the drop-down box.
Anyway please do go there and see the other Visio presentations.
- OD249 | “Visio – now and beyond” by Mukul Kumar and Saurabh Gaur (video on-demand)
- “Make data-driven decisions with Power BI and Visio” by Mukul Kumar and Shilpa Goyal
- “Create data-driven diagrams with Excel and Visio” by Amit Oberoi and Prateek Sharma
- “Enable visual, real-time collaboration in Microsoft Teams using Visio” Shilpa Goyal and Tripteesh Kaur
- “Design and automate business processes using Microsoft Power Automate, Excel and Visio” by Prateek Sharma, Shilpa Goyal and Abhinav Anand
- “Web-based diagramming: design, share and collaborate with Visio for the web” by Aakanksha Raj and Shefali Birla
Of course, I may be wrong, and Microsoft changed the name overnight ……